Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grace Elizabeth Blevins

Grace Elizabeth was born on Monday, July 28, 2008 at 11:52 P.M. She is quite the beautiful little girl if I do say so myself! Sara did AWESOME and was quite the trooper! She was induced Monday morning at 6:00 and after laboring for MANY hours and not much progression in dilation, the doctor told her that she would get just a little longer to make some progress or they would need to do a C-section. I tell you, I am so proud of that girl! After going through all of that labor and being SO tired, she had the best attitude! Of course, she did not want a C-section, but she didn't make it about her - she wanted Grace to arrive safely and knew that's what mattered! In the next couple of hours, she progressed GREATLY and was able to have a natural delivery! In the end, after 18 hours of labor, a c-section scare, one epidural (that wore off at one point) and a very tired mommy and an emotionally spent daddy, Grace is here. She is gorgeous and has some awesome parents!

No comments: