Tuesday, October 28, 2008

At least we can laugh about it...

Cami and I went to deliver a meal on Saturday night and Hudson and Emory rode along with us. The house we were going to was about 15 minutes away from Cami's, so we thought it would be no big deal. Well, I recieved wrong directions, so we ended up driving an extra 20 or 30 minutes before we were able to get to the right place. After dropping off the food and visiting for a bit, we headed home. At this point it was after 7:00. Emory had no nap that day and was way past her dinner time. Hudson was also super tired. The result of all of this was a crying fit from the back seat that began pretty much as soon as Hudson's car seat strap was snapped. He started crying and mind you, his upset cry is a VERY high pitched scream/squeal. Emory then began to cry (probably because her ear drums were bleeding from the horrid noise) and was yelling at Hudson to "Quit it!" I think she even tried to smack him at some point to make the blasted noise stop which only in turn made it louder! Oh sweet goodness...Cami and I had no choice but to sit up front and laugh as our poor children cried their eyes out in the back seat. The picture I got was not in the midst of the madness (I was driving at the time), but when we pulled up to Cami's house, these are the expressions I captured:

They both look tired, done in and like they are wondering why in the world I needed a picture of them at this particular moment.

Good times.

No comments: