We had a fun day today for Halloween. I started off the morning with pumpkin shaped pancakes for the boys (I totally stole this idea from Rachel with her ghost pancakes, but they were just too cute!):
We then spent the day out at my mom's working on mine and Brian's costume for our class party tomorrow night (more to come on that subject tomorrow evening - don't miss it!) We headed back home to get ready for Trick or Treating. Reed was so excited to get to wear his costume. Once it was time to put it on, he was jumping up and down squealing like a banshee. Here are my sweet boys.
Hudson, however, was not as enthralled with Reed's costume. He kept trying to take Reed's mask off so he could see his face.
The newness of his pumpkin costume wore off quickly. He thought it was fine until he tried to crawl. When the giant puffiness of the pumpkin got in the way, he would sit up and pull on it with all his might as to remove the terrible hindrance from his body. It was quite funny.
Gammy, DadDad, Uncle Brandon and Mimi went with us to go trick-or-treating. (One weird thing - I did not bring a candy basket for Hudson as he is only 9 months old...I had several people ask me if I wanted them to give him candy. Ummm - no, he's not really ready for a mouthful of Laffy Taffy, but thanks!) Reed very much enjoyed himself at the numerous houses we stopped at. There was one house, all decorated up, that we had to go into the garage to get the candy. Quick back story -Last weekend, I made a terrible mistake. I was looking for costumes for myself and Brian and I took Reed into a Halloween store. Since then, he has had nightmares. Often. He gets up in the middle of the night crying and we always tell him to go back to bed. I wake up in the morning to get Hudson and I find every light blazing - kitchen, hallway, office, bathroom and his room - with him sound asleep in his bed. He has told me about 3 times "Mom, I'm never going into another Halloween store again." So, back to tonight...a couple had made their garage into a mini haunted house - a witch in a chair with a sword, a vampire in a casket, you name it. We went in, got the candy and left with me saying the whole time "It's all pretend, these are just people dressed up, Mom is right here, nobody will hurt you," etc, & so on. We left and he was smiling and said it was fun...we'll see how fun it is at 4:00 in the morning. Ugh. (P.S. If you're wondering about the picture with Reed holding the dollar, ask Ann Jay about that one!)


Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



1 comment:
What precious little "haunts" you have!! And I wouldn't have thought that about a Halloween store, I'll have to remember that in the future. Brenna is all about the "scaries" as she calls them but she makes sure we say they are just "pertend". Anyhoo, great job on the Star Wars costumes as well...I am so proud of all my crafty friends!!
Post a Comment