Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday


  • Being well again! I'm finally feeling normal again - YAY! I spent all day yesterday getting the house back in order (8 loads of laundry, 2 loads in the dishwasher and lots of picking up) and was so pleased I finally had the energy to actually do it.

  • I'm finished with Christmas gifts! I laid on the couch on Sunday with the laptop and finished out the rest of my shopping. Sweet!

  • Hudson has yet to get "the ick" and hopefully has somehow escaped it's grasp!

  • My boys. On a side note, I have a little story about something Reed did today that I know some of you will enjoy. We were over at Gammy & DadDad's house visiting with one of Brian's cousins and her baby (who, by the way, is the fastest walking 9 month old I have ever seen). To make a VERY long story short, Reed wanted more candy and hadn't eaten enough "good" food. I told him no and he argued with me. I said no again and he argued with me. I looked at him and said "Reed - listen to me!" and the child put his hands over his ears! I can hear a collective laugh from you people, and I'm glad you can enjoy it. I'm not there yet. Ilooked at that kid and I was livid. Earlier Hudson had fallen asleep in my arms and it's a good thing because if I had free hands at that very moment, I might have pinched Reed's head off. Mike took Hudson from me and I gave Reed a spanking and time out in the bathroom. He hates the bathroom when he's in trouble..it's "boring" and there's "nothing to do in there". Well, except unroll the toilet paper in a big pile on the floor and that has certainly happened in the past. So, after that story, you may be asking "Why am I thankful?" He may be a mess, he may be a smartmouth, but he's my kid and I love him to pieces.
  • My last thing I am thankful for this week? "Boring" bathrooms. :)

2 comments:

Jami said...

All I can say is I am laughing just because I know it is coming my way we are already having fights about leaving the door open to her bedroom!

Anonymous said...

These stories mom's tell are frustrating at the time, but such good "ammunition" for later in life. You better be sure I am keeping track of my stories! :)