Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday and Happy Birthday

Not only is today Thankful Thursday, but it is also my sweet baby's first birthday. So here is my birthday edition just for my precious Hudson!


  • I am thankful Hudson is healthy. Ten fingers, ten toes and as perfect as can be. I thank God every day for giving me not only one, but two healthy boys.
  • I am thankful for the great disposition Hudson has. He has always been an awesome baby - he slept through the night at 2 months (like 8-9 hours). He cries only when he's hungry, tired, doesn't feel good or if Reed steals his favorite toy of the moment. He loves to snuggle and be held. He is a joy.
  • I am thankful for his smiles. He has a silly smile that he makes where he flashes a huge grin and throws his head back as to say "Check me out - I AM the cutest thing ever."

  • I am thankful for his sweet baby babble. When he grows out of it, I will miss it immensely. I wake up in the morning to a string of unintelligible words over the baby monitor that happens to be the sweetest thing ever. (Reed never did that. As soon as his eyelids would flip open, he screamed like a banshee until I got him out of his crib.)

  • I am thankful that I have had such a good first year with him. I have really enjoyed all the "firsts" that we have been through. He is my little monkey and I love him to pieces!

4 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!

Cami Gilbert said...

Hard to believe a year has already flown by....where does the time go? I am so happy to have been there the day Hudson was born to welcome him into the world and even happier to continue to be in his life. Happy Birthday little Buddy!

Cami Gilbert said...

I am so thankful that I was there on the day Hudson entered the world to welcome him. I cannot believe a year has already passed...where does the time go? I am so thankful to be a part of your boys life...it means the world to me! Have a wonderful birthday little buddy!

Love, your aunt Cami the GREAT

Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Hudson! Joey's coming right up behind you, can't believe it...