Monday, March 16, 2009

Broken Glass and Barbeque Grills

After breakfast this morning, Hudson was wandering around the house trying to find something to mess with (as usual) and I soon heard an unfamiliar, yet alarming, noise that sounded like something akin to breaking glass.  Upon closer inspection, I found this in the dining room-



Now I'm super disappointed that I'm not hosting any type of party or activity this week to show off my new window bling.  What a shame.
On another note, last night Brian and Reed brought me home some little flowering plants for my pots on the back porch.  They planted them for me which I think is super sweet and so cute! Brian got a new grill on Saturday, so after they planted the flowers, Brian grilled us up some hamburgers.  Hudson absolutely loves being outside, so he and Reed did some "yard work" while Dad grilled.  Reed was using his pint sized shovel to help fill the ginormous hole previously dug by our huge but mostly useless (in the way of being protective at least) dogs. And by filling the hole, I mean getting the "fill" dirt by digging a new hole just inches from the giant hole.  Hudson, while toddling around with the yellow dog comb and randomly swatting the newly planted flower pots, spent most of his time supervising Reed's work with his baby babble.



And in the mean time, while we're waiting for a new window to arrive, I'll let you know if I was able to keep the body slamming episodes to a minimum...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear!!! So glad no one was hurt! What a blessing.

Boys doing sweet things for mom is always a good sign of the men they will become. :)

Rachel said...

So glad that sweet baby wasn't hurt! I'm just waiting for our first broken window...can't believe it hasn't happened yet...

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hmmmmmm - sounds like you live with boys. The adventures never end!