Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

We had a great fourth of July. It was VERY hot, but we enjoyed spending time with family and friends and hanging out together. I love the Fourth of July in Granbury. It still has bits and pieces of the small town feel. In the morning, we went to the parade. Gammy and DadDad have always sat on the square, so that's where we end up almost every year. (I just made up 3 separate posts because of how out of order that blogger makes the pictures get...it's very annoying.)

Before the parade got to the square, DadDad took Reed to go get some ice cream for Gammy (a.k.a also a way for Reed to get some, too).

Dad and Hudson decided to tag along...

As I said, it was HOT. I put some water on Hudson's head to cool him down and it made the cutest mohawk. Here he is checking out his awesome American Flag.

He did not want to sit still at the parade. Luckily, we had some room for him to mill around and yet still keep him contained. Brian and Reed went down and sat on the ground by some friends, so Hudson took over his Daddy's chair.
Last year Hudson was only 5 months old, so he didn't get to enjoy all the fabulous festivities. He had a lot of fun this year, and I think we have some great pictures to prove it...
I didn't notice how many pictures that I didn't have of Reed until I started to go through them. He's getting older and wanting to do his own thing and spend time with friends instead of sit beside me and his daddy. I'm glad that he's independent, but at the same time, I'm getting a glimpse of what it will be like as he starts to grow into a boy and he's not my baby anymore! Sniff, sniff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last picture of the hudson mohawk is adorable