Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vacation: Part I

We are at the rented vacation house near Comfort.  The ride down was fine - good at first, but a little annoying at the end.  Reed rode with Gammy and DadDad, so we were down to one kid to entertain.  It took about 4 hours drive time and by the end Hudson was ready to get out of his seat.  The last hour was filled with some screams with intermittent "No!"' yelled out here and there.  Hudson only slept about 25 minutes, but he kept his blanket close by and enjoyed some of Dad's orange slice candy on the way down.
Brian loved me taking a picture of him for my blog...he's such a good sport!
The house that Brian's parents rented is ABSOLUTELY beeeee-u-tiful.  The man that owns it is a builder.  He built the house as a retreat for his family and I can't imagine why they don't live here full time.  The house is nestled on top of a hill and has a gorgeous view.  There is a main house with 3 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths, and 2 casitas - a 2 bedroom and a one bedroom.  Brian's parents gave us the main house since we had the most people to spread out.  As you may remember on our trip to Galveston, Hudson was an AWFUL room mate.  I wanted him to have his own area, so I set up his pack and play in the laundry room.  It was some kind of laundry room if I do say so myself...check out that rockin' sink.
The next picture is on the Master Bedroom.  Brian and I are in there and it is awesome.  Huge four poster bed, gas fireplace, nice TV and the best bathroom ever (which I don't have pictures of yet because it has our stuff scattered all over it.  Don't worry, I'll post some pics!)
Lastly, this is the view from the courtyard.  Over the pool is the most amazing view I've seen in a while - you can see miles and miles.  Talk about vacation!
Tomorrow we head to SeaWorld, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

O.M.G!!! That vacation spot looks perfect! I totally hear ya on the whole giving the baby his own "area" thing - even if it is a laundry room (which is HUGE)! You guys should go back when it's cold and you can snuggle in that huge bed with a warm fire crackling next to you!

Anonymous said...

nice!!!! you deserve a vaca after all the stress of packing and unpacking a fam of 4!