Friday, September 4, 2009

Life goes on...

There has been so much going on lately and I think we have settled into our routine fairly well.  The boys have been in bed by 8:30 (on school nights) and up by 6:45.  Reed and Brian leave at 7:20 for school.  Normally Hudson and I will head to the gym (for sure three days a week, but trying for 4), but he's been sick this week.  I took him to the doctor on Monday morning because of the fever he couldn't shake from Sunday afternoon.  I just knew it was another ear infection (grrrrr...) but turns out he had a virus that had been going around.  He was better by Wednesday and we were back in routine... or so I thought. This morning he just wasn't himself.  He took a way early nap and as I started to size up all of his other symptoms, I had decided that his allergies were bothering him (as are Brian's and Reed's also). On the way to pick up Reed at school this afternoon, Hudson coughed (which sounded like a smokers cough) and as I thought to myself "Oh, no!  He has a respiratory infection!", I heard the unmistakable sound of vomit hitting the seat.  Ewwwww.  I turned the car around, went to the shop, cleaned him and the car up and left him at the shop while I went to get Reed.  We got home and he slept an hour and a half, was awake for 15 minutes and is back in a fitful sleep now.  

So, I guess so much for a carefree holiday weekend, but I wouldn't trade my pukey kid for the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, poor baby. Poor Mommy too (you have to clean and care for the cranky one) Praying for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

awwwww

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

There is no mistaking the vomit cough. That's when you KNOW the day is shot! Sorry, sweet Hudson. I hope you feel better soon!