Monday, October 5, 2009

How do you get a toy plane out of a tree?

Last night, we had an interesting time at the Blevins house.  Reed had a remote control airplane that he has been asking us to put together for a while.  We finally took it out of the box last night and DadDad took some time to put it together.  We took it outside to fly and after the third time of it ramming straight into the ground, Brian decided to throw it upwards to get it going...and it got stuck in a tree.  So DadDad tried to get it out with a broom... which ended up also stuck in the tree.  At this point, we are all laughing so hard, I had to run in and get the camera. (P.S. Small camera flash at dusk = poor pic quality - sorry!)  Next came the lassoYep... the lasso also got stuck.  Here's the picture - yellow plane on top, broom in the middle, lasso on the bottom-
Now, what?  I only have one broom left and I kinda liked it, so...  Brian's idea was to get the backhoe.  Yes, the backhoe.  How else do you get a toy plane out of a tree?  So DadDad got in the bucket and Brian lifted him up  to retrieve our items.
Looks safe, right?
I guess he decided to do a little cleaning while he was up there. :)
Just another Sunday night at our house.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just another night in TEXAS. (The LASSO and the backhoe) SO FUNNY! The pictures were the best part.

Jami said...

Only in the country can these things happen, - I am cracking up because if this had actually happened in a neighborhood people would have lined the streets - hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!

Ashley Gartrell said...

I love it! I guess it is true what they say about grandparents....they will do ANYTHING to put a smile on their grandbaby's face!
This is too funny!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Wow! VERY resourceful!! I guess we need a tractor since we often get things stuck in trees as well. I don't think a tractor like that would be allowed in Sugar Land though. ha ha

Rachel said...

I think he got it stuck on purpose. Just so he could he'd have an excuse to use the backhoe. :)

amy said...

Oh man, so funny! I'm sure Mike and Brian really minded having to use the back-hoe to clear the stuff out of the tree!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hey, YES - steal any of my designs. Like I always say, it takes a good eye to know what to steal and how to make it better. ha ha
BTW = I'm probably going to steal your tie applique shirt idea for pictures the boys are taking this weekend. So cute! I figured you wouldn't mind...

Sara Blevins said...

Makes me proud to be part of the Blevins family... ;) BTW, love the picture of all your boots side by side. So cute.