Every day when I go to pick up Reed from school, Hudson sits in the back and watches a movie. He is usually rested from his nap with a snack and a drink so he's happy as a clam. Today I forgot the drink and snack and the movie just wasn't cutting it (could it be that the same movie has been running over and over for a few weeks now?) I decided to let him out of his car seat so he could "run" around in the car. I rolled the windows down and he was having a blast going from window to window in the back seat while I went through the mail. A few minutes before school let out, I buckled him back in his seat, but his shoes were no where to be found. I searched the car - front, middle, back and far back... Seriously, where could they be? Then it occured to me. The open windows... Great!! I checked around the car, under the car and even on the sidewalk. (Imagine with me if you will - here I am rushing to find two 5 inch long khaki colored Crocs in a giant pile of leaves next to the curb. They might as well be camoflauge!! Kids are starting to file out and cars are starting to move...Ugh.) I only have two pairs of shoes for this fat footed little monkey, so I was going to find those suckers. As I'm scanning the ground finding nothing, I vaguely remembered that as Hudson and I sat waiting for school to be out, I saw a woman walk by our car and in my side mirror I noticed that she stopped and bent down. Maybe she found them and she took them to the office!! So I pull over out of "traffic", unbuckled Hudson and start to the office, grabbing Reed on the way. I'm up there every week to help, so the ladies know me and when I ask if they had a pair of Crocs turned in, they look very puzzled. I go on to tell them that I'm pretty sure my 21 month old pitched them out the window and they both got a little giggle out of it. Nothing had been turned in but they say they'll keep and eye out for them. I left the office and tried to figure out anywhere else they could have been "turned in" and head down to the custodian's office who also gets quite the little giggle out of it. (If they think this is amusing, they should spend a day with me.) After no luck with the custodian, I decide to just head to the car and hope they turn up. I decided to take one more glance and there on the sidewalk, about a car length from where our car was sitting in the pick up line, are two khaki colored little Crocs. I guess the kid has quite the arm - maybe he'll be in the big leagues. :) Just another day in the pick up line!
Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



2 comments:
Sorry. I laughed. :) That's soooooo something that would happen to us! Glad you found them!
By the title, I was expecting to read about some guy hitting on you. Glad it was the school pick up line!
Post a Comment