Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our Christmases

What a great week we've had!  Last Saturday we finished up our Christmas marathon.  It has been an endurance race, that's for sure!  As I went through my pictures, I noticed that they were very sporadic - lots of pictures at some gatherings and none at others... the only explanation I can think of is that I got more tired as time went on and just didn't think to do it!  Anyhoo, our Christmases started on December 19th with Brian's parents and Eric and Sara.  We ate, we talked, we laughed and we opened gifts.  Hudson took a nap, but woke up super gripy and we couldn't get him interested in opening presents.  I chose this picture of him in his new tool belt because you can't see his sour face.  :)
Gammy and DadDad got Reed a box full of the mini Lego figures which he LOVED.
Hudson and Grace in Grace's new red wagon...
Hudson on his new car that DadDad picked out...
The next day we went to Graham to see Mike's family.  I took this precious picture of Reed with Papa (Brian's granpa).  They sat at the table for the longest talking about Bakugans and Lego mini figures.  It was a very sweet sight to see.
Hudson is a child after my own heart.  Hanging out on the countertop doin' a little snackin'...
We had Monday and Tuesday "off" - I spent those days doing cooking for the next few get togethers and catching up on the housework.  On the 23rd, we headed to Mimi and Pepaws house.  Mimi had some Santa hats hanging around which ended up making the cutest picture...
I'm pretty sure they hadn't had lunch yet, but hey, everybody needs an ice cream sandwich on Christmas , right? My mantra for the day was "It's Christmas at Mimi's house, it's Christmas at Mimi's house..."  :)
Pepaw in the hat we got him...
I previously posted about our Christmas Eve -which by far has been my favorite one yet.  (All of our family pictures are on my other camera and I can't get those to upload - I'll work on that later!)  After we went to bed, Santa came!  We got up the next morning and he had left fun things in our stockings and Reed had a note in his.  As it turns out, he brought he boys a trampoline and had planned on putting it together when he got to our house.  Shockingly enough, it was snowing when he got here and he hadn't planned on it snowing in Texas!  He didn't have enough time to put it together, but didn't think that Brian would mind doing it for him.  :)  He also brought these cute diggers for the boys...
After opening gifts, we headed to Brian's aunt and uncles for a get together.  I woke up on Christmas morning feeling AWFUL, so I thought I was going to have to stay home.  I was so naseaus and just sat in the bathroom wishing I could throw up so maybe I could feel better.  I ate a piece of bread and chewed a couple of Pepto Bismol and got to feeling good enough to go (I DID NOT want to miss Christmas Day with my boys).  I felt much better as the day went on, and we had a great day.  
Yesterday the boys went to Mimi's and I went to go spend some Christmas money.  I've been needing a new nice coat for a while, so after I dropped the boys off, I did some shopping and got some fun things!  When I was leaving my last store, it was snowing...AGAIN!!  Twice in the same week - in TEXAS.  I was very excited.  After I got home, I bundled up and walked around outside to take some pictures.


I was really bundled up - it was 33 degrees and I don't like being cold!!  I had on a hat, a hooded sweatshirt and my Columbia jacket on over that!  WHat can I say... I'm a Texas girl!


Here's to wishing you all a safe and happy New Year!!

No comments: