I got back Thursday night from my Vegas trip. Brandon and my dad go to the Shot Show convention each year. My mom and I tag along and this year Becky came with us.
On Monday we spent most of the morning traveling. We passed by the iconic Vegas sign on the way to the hotel and had to stop for a photo op...

When we got to the hotel and unloaded, and headed out to see some sights. I have to learn that when Becky is with us, she's sneaky about taking
pictures. I tend to act goofy and when I try to "mess up" her pictures, she ends up taking one of me looking like a fool. For example...

The nest morning we got up and ate breakfast at
Bouchon in the Venetian. All I can say - YUM. (Yes, I am wearing the same sweater as he day before. It was a little chilly, and all I had was this sweater and a heavy coat - please don't fault me for wearing the same sweater 2 days in a row.) :)

Here I am at the slots. Don't be fooled - I did not win. :)

Walking in the Venetian - a beautiful hotel!
Why did I post this picture of my hind end? Well, Becky took it on the sly so I prove that I took the stairs.
When did I take the stairs? Every time I had the chance. Seriously... EVERY time.

On Wednesday we went to the Luxor and saw the Titanic exhibit and the Bodies exhibit.

Bodies was really neat. They were actual bodies that had been (for lack of a better word) skinned and preserved. These were people who had died of natural causes and donated their bodies to science. You could get up close and see muscles, bone and tissue like you have never seen before. It was quite interesting. The Titanic exhibit was also really neat. They gave you a card as you entered with a real passengers name on it and you found out at the end if they lived or died. They have many
pieces from the wreckage - jewelry, clothes, dishes, etc. Even a reconstruction of the grand staircase and a giant piece of the side of the ship.
That night we ate at Olives in the
Bellagio. We were able to sit out on the patio and could watch the fountains every 15 minutes (you can see them behind us). It was not only great food, but super neat ambiance!

I came home on Thursday so I could be here for Brian's birthday on Friday. I made him a dinner of homemade chicken friend steak, gravy, onion strings, baked potatoes and blackberry cobbler. It looked like a heart attack on plate, but he loved it. :)
It's good to be home.
2 comments:
I had so much fun! And yes, I love taking sneaky pictures because you're always being goofy!
Girl, if MY be-hind looked that good, I'd post nothing BUTT (hehe). Honestly, I think I'd make it my FB profile picture. :) Looking good friend! So glad you got a chance to be "heather" for a few days and hang up your "mommy" badge
Post a Comment