Saturday, February 26, 2011

Read your Bible people!!

As I mentioned previously, I have been reading my Bible every day. A switch flipped in my mind last week and I knew that it was something that I needed to do in my life and I can't tell you what a difference it has made. I have been getting up at 5 'til 6:00 every morning and spending an hour reading, praying and worshipping and it has changed my whole outlook. I don't think it has had much to do with what exactly I'm reading (I've made my way through Genesis and Job, so I know these stories well - it's really been nothing new as far as material goes), but that I'm spending time seeking God. Just a few of these changes-

  • I have a better attitude
  • I have more patience
  • My "knee-jerk" reactions to things tend to be more godly
  • I WANT to get up early and have my quiet time to see what God has for me that day
  • I crave Christian music when I get in the car instead of mainstream trash
  • My daily "chores" seem less of a chore and more of an act of service for my family
The list could go on and on - there are so many things that I feel differently about. In our Bible study yesterday, some women shared things that have happened to them in the last couple of weeks to show how God has not only been working in their lives, but obvious ways that He is trying to show us that He is with us - things that gave me chill bumps!! It was an awesome discussion and I am so blessed to be surrounded by these women who are actively seeking God. All this to say, if you are not reading your Bible daily, please start. It WILL change your life. There are a couple of videos that I watched that really convicted me to start reading and actually gave me an outline on how to do it which was really helpful to me. You can click here and go to the site. Go to the left side and click on "Series Name" then scroll down to "Frequency". Scroll back up and click on "Value His Voice". I know that it has blessed my life as I know it will yours also.
Just to share something funny...
I love to sleep in, so last night I turned off my alarm and decided that I would do my quiet time later in the day. Like I said above, I normally get up a little before 6:00. This morning I woke up at 5:00 and COULD NOT go back to sleep! So I got out of bed and said with a smile "Okay, God, I hear Ya!" He does work in mysterious ways, but sometimes it's pretty straightforward too. :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad love their baby Girl and are very proud of her growth in faith!! You are a great Mom and have raised two of the most adorable, well behaved boys!! We love you four sooo very much!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing what God is doing in your heart and life. It's impacting and challenging me. Love to hear that your chores seem more like acts of service for your family. That's awesome. For some reason it makes me think of Romans 12.