We spent Saturday outside working in the garden and planting. I didn't get my camera out until after lunch, but this is the view from our picnic table outside the back door. It was a beautiful day and the green trees and grass were gorgeous.

Reed did a lot of driving around on the golf cart- he's actually a very good and careful driver.

The boys played around the trenches Brian dug with the tractor...

Hudson measured the spacing of the plants for us. :)

The boys sat at the table and played - they were pooped after a morning of the mostly unhelpful, but very cute activities listed above.

I love the giant tree in the back that the picnic table sits under...

A few weeks ago, Brian had some potatoes that he asked me to cut up. So I cut them into pieces with a couple of eyes on each piece and we literally threw them into a trench he dug with the tractor. Here they are now...

Here are the blackberry plants we planted yesterday...

Then Brian wanted to get some of the wild thorny blackberry plants that are growing all over the quarry. He and Susan went over and dug some up.



Here is our row of blueberry plants...

I'll be excited when all of these plants start to produce- it makes for a lot of work, but it's also very satisfying.



1 comment:
How fun!
Post a Comment