Monday, December 5, 2011

Day Five

First things first... I have to brag on my kiddo. He got in the car after school and the first thing he said was "Mom, look what I got today!" It's a bracelet that says "I made my teacher proud! Let me tell you about it." Evidently another child was talking to him in line when they were specifically asked to be quiet and his teacher witnessed him resisting the urge to talk to the other kid (which I'm sure was VERY hard for my chatty child).
Day five for our calendar was making Christmas rice krispy treats. I gave them the choice of using peppermint marshmallows or just coloring the regular marshmallows and they picked color (thank goodness - peppermint rice krispies? Yuck.) Reed helped with the red layer...
Hudson helped with the green layer...
and voila! :)
By the way, here is the snowman craft we were doing yesterday.
I worked on it off and on all day today (waiting for glue to dry, etc.) and I still don't have the arms on. If you see this craft kit at Michael's, DO NOT buy it. A merry Christmas it does not make.

4 comments:

dkschmidt said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE your Advent calendar and the awesome family activities idea!! Can I copy? Oh wait, I don't sew. Want to sell those??? :)

A Blessed Wife and Mom said...

Girl, that thing took forever. But if you really want one, sure I'll sell you one... for about $1,000. :)

dkschmidt said...

Oh boo!! :)

Sarah said...

I love all of this!!! So great!