Yep, we're behind on activities. I figured the closer we got to Christmas, the more messy it would get. We had a very busy weekend and weren't home much, so we ended up saving 4 tags and doing them all today. :)
First, (day 16) was to read the story of the birth of Jesus. Here is Reed reading while Hudson listens.

Next (day 17) was to color a Christmas coloring page. We all picked out a page to do - Reed picked the North star and Hudson picked a picture of cookies and milk for Santa. Mine was Santa coming down the chimney, but the boys finished in about 12 seconds, so I guess I'll have to work on mine later.

Third, (day 18) we did a craft. I have no idea what it was called, but it is a little metal shape that comes with plastic beads of different colors. You put the beads in certain places in the shapes and put it in the oven to melt and it makes a sun catcher you can hang in the window. Ours were stockings.

Our last activity (day 19) will be to watch the Polar Express in our jammies and eat popcorn tonight after dinner.
And now we're caught up. :)
Just on a side note, after a very gray day full of clouds and rain, I looked outside a little bit ago and saw this beautiful sight...

I love little blessings like this!
1 comment:
Just want you to know that my plot to steal your awesome idea is in full swing!! I just ordered an Advent calendar for next year online since I don't know how to sew. And if I'm REALLY on the ball I'll be buying Christmas crafts when they are on sale next week!!!
Post a Comment