Monday, October 1, 2012

Anniversary Trip Day One

As many of you know, Brian is not much of a traveler. The only vacation that two of us have been on alone is our honeymoon in 2002. So I told him around our 5th anniversary that he was going to take me on a trip for our 10th, so he better get ready. So a few months back, I started planning our trip. The best time for us to go this year was October and I have ALWAYS wanted to see the leaves in the fall in New England... So here we are! We left the house at 9:00 this morning and headed to the airport. We boarded our flight and promptly sat for an hour while they 'tied a seal with safety wire" on the wing flap of the plane. And what makes it even better is that it was right out Brian's window so he could see everything that was going on. It took 5 guys and hour to get it ready. When they finally got it done, they all started shaking hands with each other like "Good job buddy, good job.". It was ridiculous. Three hours later, we finally landed in Hartford and headed to the rental car place. Brian wanted something fun to drive (I couldn't care less), so initially he picked out a Mercedes. Well, right outside the office, this was sitting in the parking lot...


So he chose to go with it. :). It's pretty awesome I have to say. We made a short 25 minute drive to Manchester where we ate at Corey's Catsup & Mustard.


It was featured on Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives - we LOvE that show- so much so that one of our goals on this trip is to not each at any chain restaurants. Corey's was awesome. I had a California turkey burger and it was DELICIOUS! It had spinach, blue cheese crumbles, balsamic, bacon and avocado. Yum!!!



Now as I type, we're headed to Newport, R.I. To do some sight seeing tomorrow. Looking forward to a comfy bed - it's been a long day! It's going to take a couple of hours to get there and I am loving being with my best buddy!!! And another big plus- he's really hot too. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: