Reed and Hudson were at my mom's house last week and she said that Reed told her that he didn't believe the Easter Bunny was real. (He's been mulling over the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa, etc., for a while. Back in late December he asked me if I was the one doing the Elf on the Shelf and I told him yes he said "I knew it.") I had decided a couple of years ago that whenever the boys asked me flat out, I would be honest with them and tell them. Last night when I was putting him to bed, the EB came up in conversation and I told him that Mimi told me he said he didn't believe. He just smiled up at me. Then today after church, he stood in the kitchen and said "Is Santa real?" He had a look on his face like he was almost scared of the answer. I said "Do you really want to know about Santa?" and he said "I sort of do and I sort of don't." I told him that he needed to decide and if he had questions, I would answer them. Then just now he came in my room, shut the door behind him and said "So I know the Easter Bunny isn't real... Is any of it real?" He sat down on my bed and we had a sweet conversation about how Dad and I were the ones that put out the gifts for him, just like our parents did for us and how he will for his kids some day. He didn't seem upset at all, he just mulled it over for a bit. Then he said "It's kind of neat knowing - like I'm in on a secret." Sweet boy - how is he already so big?
Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



1 comment:
Made Mimi CRY!!!!! I love those grandbabies so and, as I wouldn't have it any other way, it makes me a little sad to see how fast they are growing up!! Sweet, sweet boy you have there!!! (AND, Pepaw & Mimi KNOW it doesn't happen by chance!! Thanks for being good parents!)
Post a Comment