MONDAY
Monday was a good start to our summer. We had a FULL and fun day. It started with swim practice at 8:00. Hudson had to try out so they could gauge where he is in his abilities. Doesn't he look cute in his little swim cap? :)
To be able to practice with the Seals in the city pool, he has to be able to swim the length of the pool without touching the bottom or sides.
He had a rough time with that. He's a good swimmer, but swimming from one end to the other (25 yards) is a long way for a 5 year old. The first time he only made it about a third of the way. On his second try, he made it a little over half way. The lady that was doing his tryout asked me to go get Reed and have him swim along beside Hudson. That (along with me telling him that if he didn't make it to the end, he couldn't swim with Reed) did it. Slowly but surely he made it down to the end. Needless to say, he won't be entered in any swim meets anytime soon. :) After practice, we went home, changed into normal swimsuits and they went swimming at Gammy's for a couple of hours (thanks to DadDad for these fun pictures).
Jake was swimming around in his life jacket like a maniac and it tired him out quite a bit. :)
We went in to town to get lunch, groceries and run some errands and the boys used some of their money to buy a couple of toys. I spent a little of the afternoon putting together this Lego guy. (This is about 3:00 and Hudson still hadn't made it out of his swim practice suit).
This summer we are using the ticket system for video games again. During the school year our rule is no games during the week and limited on the weekends (depending on our schedule). Last summer, very early into the summer (about 2 days), I started getting questions about video games. So I came up with the ticket system. I had a big roll of the carnival tickets left over from their carnival birthday party a couple of years back. For each hour that they spend outside, they get one ticket. One ticket is redeemable for 15 minutes of video games time. There are two rules - (1) they CANNOT ask to play video games. Brian and I will let them know when they can and (2) they must have tickets to play. They are also able to trade in their tickets for money, but they never have - they love those silly little DS's too much. Anyway, here are their ticket jars:
They've already gotten 3 tickets today - one for the hour at swim practice and 2 for the couple of hours swimming at Gammy's.
TUESDAY
Before Reed got out of school, we started going to get sno-cones on Tuesdays, so we decided to keep up the tradition...
Reed has been congested for about a week and a half and I thought it was allergies (and still think it was in the beginning). I ended up taking him to the doctor because it just wasn't going away... turns out he has a sinus infection. I felt really awesome that I'd let it go on for DAYS without realizing it. Ugh. Anyway, our activity on the calendar was to watch a movie. Long story short, I got my wires crossed as to where the movie was, so after we went to the doctor, we ended up going to Netflix and renting a movie (and going by Sonic for a drink. Obviously.). The boys really enjoyed having the downtime and watching a movie at home. It was nice to rest after a long weekend and a very busy day yesterday. We ate dinner and Hudson didn't touch his food. That's not necessarily unusual - if he doesn't like the looks of something, he doesn't want it. He fell asleep on the couch and when Brian picked him up to carry him to bed, he said "It's bedtime? Yay!" It made me laugh until I started to tuck him in and felt his skin - he was burning up with a 102 fever. I got him to take some tylenol and he fell asleep. He spent the night throwing up and with a fever (he couldn't keep the medicine or any fluids down).
WEDNESDAY
I got up with him at 6:45 with more vomit and fever. I tired to keep him cool with a cool rag on his head and that was just enough to keep him semi comfortable. I took Reed to Seals practice and then we had an appointment to get my hail damage looked at on my car. After a quick stop to get some Gatorade and Sprite, we headed home so Brian could go to work. My poor little guy...
I didn't want to leave Hudson to go outside and mess with the eggs, so we spent the day watching TV and doing a whole lot of nothing. I took a nap since I hadn't slept well. Hudson stopped throwing up about noon, but was so weak he was shaking when he tried to sit up or hold his cup. Poor Reed was bored out of his mind so I let him have a little free video game time and then Brian came home and took him out to dinner which he really enjoyed. I decided since Hudson's fever was still so bad, that he needed to sleep in my bed with me.
THURSDAY
Hudson sleeping with me = NO sleep for momma. He was very restless, cried out and talked in his sleep a LOT. I re-wet the rag on his head quite a bit to keep him cool and it would settle him down pretty quickly. I took Reed to Seals and Brian stayed with Hudson again. Our activity was to go to Main Event, but that was scrapped because of Hudson. So we got the Naked eggs and played with them.
We had 3 of them and Reed broke 2 and said he wanted to save the 3rd one for Hudson. :) Hudson started to eat later in the day, so that's when I knew he was getting better.
FRIDAY
Hudson woke up feeling MUCH better on Friday morning - he was full of energy and ready to go. Our activity was to make sundaes, so after dinner, we went crazy with ice cream, Magic Shell ( I LOVE that stuff), whipped cream and M&M's.
Hudson being sick threw a major wrench in our plans, but we still had a decent week. I'm looking forward to a normal week of fun activities and healthy boys!














No comments:
Post a Comment