Let me just say... The weather was AWESOME this week!!! We had beautiful warm, NOT hot days that were almost spring like. I actually wore a light jacket to swim practice on Tuesday morning... Seriously! Okay, moving on...
On Monday we went to the zoo with some friends. It was a beautiful 89 degrees and breezy. It was July at the zoo and I didn't even sweat... Unheard of, people! We had a great time. Some of my favorite pictures from the day...
On Tuesday we had a nice relaxing day at home. Our activity for the day was to make some patriotic cookie flavored with jello. They were alright- tasted mostly like a shortbread cookie, but the boys had fun making them. We had a picnic lunch outside under the big tree out back and they both loved that.
Thursday was the 4th, so we did our normal parade, swimming and fireworks. The weather was great, so the parade was great!
The boys came away with a lot of stuff (frisbees, cups, candy) and I caught a random t-shirt! If you know me at all, you know I love a free t-shirt. Totally made my day. :) We went swimming at Gammy and DadDad's and at one point Reed was swimming with Hudson back and forth across the pool helping him with his strokes. It was so sweet.
After we watched the fireworks, the boys showered and asked to sleep in Hudson's room together. We could overhear Reed reading his book to Hudson before they feel asleep.
On Friday I gave the kids an hour of free video game time. It was a (much needed) nice day of hanging out around the house. Only 7 weeks until school starts... boo. :)











No comments:
Post a Comment