A little over a year ago, before he was in Kinder, Hudson and I were watching TV one morning and Cake Boss happened to be on. It was an episode where the entire family had gone on a Disney Cruise. It showed them on various parts of the ship and Hidson was enamored. The part that really got him was when they went on the "Aqua Duck" - a clear tube water coaster/slide that goes around the top of the ship. He kept saying "Mom, do you see that? Do you see that slide? Mom, look at that slide!" Brian and I talked about it and decided it would be fun to take them on a Disney Cruise for Spring Break. Since we were only a couple of weeks out from Spring Break, we decided to go ahead and book a little over a year in advance. AND I KEPT IT A SECRET FOR A YEAR. Gold star for Mom!!! π. I didn't want to tell them that early, because it would be a constant "When are we leaving? When is the cruise? Is it time yet?"
Uh, no thank you.
We chose Disney because of a few reasons-
1. We have been to DisneyWorld and Disneyland and have loved it. The people that work for Disney are awesome. They want to make your vacation an experience. The parks are always so clean and we have always had the best time.
2. Reed is greeting older and we are on the tail end of Disney still being fun. It'll be nice too because they aren't interested in any of the characters, autographs, etc. so we won't have to wait in line for that!
3. Castaway Cay. I purposefully chose a cruise that went to the Bahamas so that we could go to Castaway Cay which is Disney's private island that the ships stop at for a day.
4. Lastly, we chose Disney for the slide on cake Boss that started it all. π DCL has 4 ships and the Aqua Duck slide is on 2 of them. We chose the Dream because it has the Aqua Duck and stops at Castaway Cay.
So, after Brian and I got back from Mexico, I decided that it was close enough to tell the boys. I made up a mini scavenger hunt and they went though the house getting clues. At the end, I had made a "Countdown to Disney Cruise" sign I had made. They were excited, but not as excited as I would've thought. Once we sat down, looked at the ship online, watched videos of the waterslide, etc., they have gotten more excited. As they were getting ready for school last week, Hudson looked up at the countdown and said "It's only 9 days until we get on the cruise ship? I'm so excited! Reed, are you excited?" It was pretty cute. Here they are with the sign this morning...
Today we got up and headed out to get donuts for breakfast... It's the best way to start vacation, right?
We went home, finished packing and then headed to the airport. (By the way, NEVER fly Spirit Airlines. They hit you with so many hidden fees that IT. IS. REDICULOUS. Lesson learned - never again. Ever. Very bitter over here.) After check-in and security, we went to get some lunch... Pizza. We're off to a super healthy start.
At the gate, I did this -
Polka Dot "Minnie Mouse" Jamberry nails, Starbucks and my essential oil handbook. Not to shabby. We let the boys break out the games. This is a very accurate picture of my family in any situation where we have to wait. π
We boarded and had to take the token selfie...
Brian was on the row behind us, so he didn't make the cut. π
An uneventful flight and quick drive to the hotel... Well, long enough for Hudson to bite the dust...
...and we are checked in and ready for bed. I think we're all going to sleep well tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment