Friday, May 30, 2014

We had quite the busy lady few days with it being the last week of school and all. Monday was Memorial Day - it was cloudy and we didn't really do anything which was nice. The boys had stayed the night at my parents house on Sunday night and my mom texted me that Hudson was running a fever.  When I went to go pick them up, I told him that he probably wouldn't be able to go to his Kinder graduation the next day and he got tears in his eyes and his little lip started shaking. I diffused Theives in the living room after we got home and in his room all night (yes, I have gotten into all this essential oils stuff- if you want to know about it, I'd love to tell you. It's pretty great stuff). He woke up feeling good on Tuesday, so he got to go.  They sang a couple of songs and he got to hold up the first "e" in the word "Kindergarten". 


He was voted "Funniest Kid in Class" which does not shock me at all. He certainly keeps us laughing. Here he is accepting his "diploma". :)

It was been raining off and on for a couple of days, so the ground was soaked.  On Tuesday night, it came out of nowhere and rained HARD for 20 or 30 minutes.  Brian has done a great job with directing the water runoff into our tank - it is filled up.  The water was rushing in and it was such a nice sound!

Of course the boys had to get in it... Even if it was on the chilly side.

Another couple of fun shots I captured...


Then on Thursday, it was Reeds 4th grade awards ceremony. He had a great year. He was on the A Honor Roll all year, he got the Six Flags reading ticket (reading 600 minutes), he was Student Council Representative for his class, and he was 3rd place in his class for AR reading points. (The little girl who won first place in his class had 670 points - the HIGHEST in the entire school district. WOW!)  Here he is accepting his certificates.


Friday was the last day of school. The tradition of decorating the car continued... 
(Hudson liked it, it was just really bright outside and he was annoyed at my constant picture taking.)



And we topped it off with some tank swimming... 

I'm so glad summer is here. Looking forward to some fun with my guys. :)

No comments: