Thursday, July 30, 2015

My new nieces

Last Thursday, the 23rd, I was blessed with two new nieces! I was on my way to a dental cleaning and my mom called and said that Becky's water broke and they were on the way to the hospital.  She was about 4 1/2 weeks early at this point and was scheduled to have them on the 10th, but when your water breaks, there's no delaying that!  So they boys and I ran back home, packed up games and stuff to do and headed to the hospital.  Here are the soon-to-be momma and daddy...

The bottom baby wasn't in a head down position, so they had to do a c-section.  In a couple of hours, we got to go back and meet them - Makenzie weighing in at 4 lbs., 6 oz. and Ryleigh at 5 lbs., 7 oz.  Makenzie was in and out of the warmer a bit because she was having trouble keeping her temp up, but neither had to spend time in the NICU which we are very thankful for!  They were so precious and tiny!  Here are my babies holding their baby cousins.

And me with my new little nieces!

Becky and Brandon asked me to take some newborn pictures for them.  I have a teensy bit of photography experience, but am by no means a professional.  I did a lot of research and reading in preparation so I could get some good shots.  I was thinking that I would be pleased if  got 2 or 3 really good ones, and I ended up being very pleased. ( Of course looking back, I see little things that I would do differently, but I still think they turned out pretty good.)  It helped that my subjects were SO sweet!
Becky brought over her doll beds from when she was little and we set up a cute little shot.


I had this bowl I bought at Canton a couple of years ago and thought it would be so cute with them in it.  Just to give you an idea, the diameter of it is 16 inches. :)

This is by far my favorite.  The lighting was really good and they look so sweet with their little floral headbands.  Swoon.



Makenzie

Ryleigh

Also a favorite - so sweet and simple.  Love mom and dad's hands in this one.

The new family of four

I'm so thankful that they are healthy and doing great.  God is good. 

No comments: