Thursday, August 24, 2017

Road Trip - Day 6

On Thursday I woke up feeling pretty crummy which was sad, because it was our 15th wedding anniversary (our anniversary always seems to fall during our road trip).  Our plan was to explore Estes Park, so we took our time getting ready and it was an easy morning.  We headed over to the Estes Park Tram.  
The cool stained glass window at the tram office.

Waiting in line with Hudson and his fedora. :)

It was such a pretty view!  You could see all of Estes Park and a lot of RMNP.


Fifteen years with this guy - he's such a great husband and daddy! Love him!


I love this picture so much!
 

Headed back down...


After the tram, we headed over the the Stanley Hotel.  If you aren't familiar with it, it's the hotel that inspired the movie "The Shining".  

Stephen King stayed here one night in 1973 and that's where the idea of "The Shining" came from.  We took the 90 minute tour and Brian and I really enjoyed it.  The history of the hotel and how it came to be and F.O. Stanley was ll very interesting.
We stayed after the tour and had lunch at the hotel.

I still wasn't feeling super great, so we ended up back at the condo and took the afternoon to rest ( I don't know what they did - I took a nap). :)  We walked the 2 minutes over to Subway for dinner...
And then spent the evening cleaning up, doing laundry and packing since we were leaving the condo in the morning.

Day 6 video

No comments: