...Fretful Friday. Why, you ask? Everything is going so well! Whatever could be the matter? Well, I took my sweet little pudgy baby to the doctor this morning. I put him to bed about 8:00 last night and he cried off and on which is normal for a few minutes. Last night, he would cry and right about the time I decided I needed to go get him, he would stop. When he was still crying here and there about midnight, I got him out of bed and he had a fever. I gave him Tylenol and a bottle for good measure. I went ahead and put him in bed with me because his eyes were wide open and I'm pretty sure the sight of his crib would have caused more tears. You could tell when the Tylenol kicked in - he was rolling and flopping around on the bed, smiling at me like he'd won some fabulous prize 'cause he was hanging out with mom in the middle of the night. Mind you, I hadn't been to sleep yet at this point, so I was tired and ready for the baby gymnastics to cease. Finally, about 1:00 or so, he got still and we both fell asleep. I woke up when Brian came to bed at 1:30 and put Hudson in his bed. He woke up about 7:45 this morning...with a fever. When my kids have ear infections, Dr. Simpson usually requests they come back after 10 days to check their ears. I think in all of the hullabaloo of our last doctor's appt. (with the added craziness of a waiting room FULL of other children) she just forgot to schedule it. When he had the fever this morning, I had a sneaking suspicion that his ear infections were back. Low and behold, not only are his ears infected, but they are worse than last time and his left ear is "acutely" infected. He has had the best attitude and was only mildly whiny yesterday giving me the idea that he was just tired (he had taken a shorter nap than usual). He is such a good baby, I couldn't even tell anything was wrong until the fever hit. He's been increasingly fussy today and just plain feels crummy. So we're back to 10 days of antibiotics and lots of Motrin & Tylenol. Please send up a quick prayer for my sweet little one!
Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



3 comments:
Okay, having just experienced our first ear infections, I have a whole new sympathy for you. Sorry! Hope the meds kick in quick...and until then, try to enjoy the extra cuddles you (might) get.
Not sure how you feel about them... tubes.....I was scared about them until Caleb got a terrible reaction to the antibiotics and I thought I'd do anything at that point. The tubes made our lives different. I am praying for quick and FINAL recovery. Just in case it happens again... I have a name of a GREAT ENT @ Cook Childrens. Get some rest friend.
Knock on wood: I'm reading over your second to last blog which begins with "No one is coughing, needing breathing treatmentsor asking for medicine." Don't you just know that's when it all hits again. I hope Hudson not only gets lots of loves from Mommy, but that the medicine has him as good as new ASAP.
Post a Comment