Today I took Reed to the dentist to get his teeth cleaned. Yes, he is almost five and this was his first trip to the dentist. I'm sure the reason I have put it off is because of my hate of dental appointments and the pain that I associate with them. I know that all dental appointments do not involve pain, but I inadvertently associate the dentist chair with discomfort/pain. Because of all the drama I have had lately because of my teeth, I knew that I needed to get Reed on a good cleaning schedule and show him that if he goes to the dentist when he should, things won't get out of hand like in my situation. About three weeks ago, Reed said "My tooth hurts." Uh-oh. I asked him to open up and sure enough one of his molars had a tiny piece out of it. I called right then and scheduled today's appointment. We went in this morning and they did a couple of X-rays and started to clean his teeth. Some of the things were a little weird and uncomfortable to him in the beginning, but he ended up saying "That wasn't that bad!" Turns out, he does have to go back to have that tooth fixed (hopefully a filling, but possibly a "pulpotomy" which is fancy talk for a root canal on a baby tooth. Sweet deal.) The good news is that he didn't have any other cavities or issues. He was a very brave boy and I was so proud of him!
Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



3 comments:
Great job Reed! It's fun to get a new toothbrush and see how slippery your teeth feel after they're clean, isn't it?
yay Reed! and LOVE the new pic at the top. Adorable!
No one likes the dentist! I'm glad Reed's first experience ended up a positive one! What a brave boy!!
Post a Comment