Yesterday morning my alarm went off and I got up, pulled on my running clothes and walked out the front door. I took approximately three steps, turned, went back in the house and got back in bed. The temperature was in the 30's and I don't do the 30's. So when Brian got home last night, dinner was already in the oven, so I threw on my running clothes and headed out the door. (Little backstory- I am still on the end of week 5 because I missed one day last week. The routine had been as such - Day One - 5 minute runs with a couple of minutes rests in between, Day Two - 8 minutes runs with a couple of minute rests between and Day Three - a twenty minute run. Ummm, WHAT? I'm very curious how we skipped from 8 minutes to 20 minutes! The whole week was on one podcast, so my "running boss" would tell me when to run, when to walk depending on the day I was on. So I left the house thinking that I would go for at least 10 minutes for the first running increment and play it by ear from there.) So I'm cruising on getting to almost the 10 minutes mark, fully thinking that I'm going to take a break to walk. A car approaches and the driver is an older lady - I would guess in her 60's. As she gets closer, I see a huge smile on her face and she begins to pump her fist in the air as to say "You go girl!" I cracked up laughing because it was really funny, but at the same time, it lit a fire under me. I forgot all about my plan and decided that I was going to run until I couldn't anymore. Low and behold, I made it the whole 20 minutes. So to the lady in the tan car - You made my day!!
Your BTC Funds Are Now Available - Ref: AQ267
11 months ago



2 comments:
yay!!! Your story inspired me to cheer on people I see running/walking. What a sweet lady! PRoud of you Heather. You and I are cut from the same cloth (running is on my list of insanely silly things people do to torture themselves) HA!
I already love the little "old" lady in the passing car, and I have no clue as to who she is. Anyone that enjoys life that much gets five stars from me. (I don't do 30's either. Heck - I don't do 60's. ha ha)
Post a Comment