Reed just finished up his first week of Kindergarten. In the last 5 days, I have learned some things. These are just a few:
- I will never be able to tell the things my child will choose to eat from the items I have packed in his lunch until I unpack it at the end of the day. Choosing grapes over Oreos was a real shocker for me.
- I love my child's teacher and am looking forward to helping her as much as possible.
- I don't have as much "free" time during the day as I once thought I would.
- Kindergarten makes a child thirsty. Have a drink available as soon as said child gets in the car or be prepared to listen to whining all the way home.
- You have to get to the school at least 30 minutes before pick-up if you want a spot in the shade. Won't matter much in a few months when the weather changes, but it matters now.
- If you get to the school 30 minutes early, remember a snack and sippy cup for younger brother to ingest while waiting.
- Failure to forget snack and drink makes wait time seem a LOT longer.
- If you aren't near the front of the pick-up line, getting out of the "school pick up congestion" is not fun.
- Seeing my little kindergartner at the end of the school day and waiting to hear all the stories of the day makes me smile every time!



3 comments:
Amen, sister!
And bring a book to read while waiting in that forever long pick-up line! Great list and so true!
You are so right - school somehow causes their thirst to quadruple. The first thing I hear when Grant gets in the car after school is, "Momma, I'm thirsty!"
Post a Comment