Day nine started off not so fun. Reed woke me up last night at 2:30 crying. He said his throat was hurting and he had a little bit of a fever. I gave him some tylenol and a cup of of chocolate to sooth his throat and he settled down and went back to sleep. I woke him up at 6:30 to see how he felt and his throat was still sore so I kept him home from school and called the doctor when the office opened. He does have strep, so he's just not feeling great. After we got home from the doctor and I got more tylenol down him, he asked to see what the calendar's activity was for today. :)
We pulled the tag and it was to read The Night Before Christmas. He and Hudson got these really cool books from Brian's grandparents last year. They are the recordable book from Hallmark (you've probably all seen the commercial of the deployed soldier who gets one in the mail and his kid has recorded himself reading it? Makes me cry every time.) Anyway, Brian's grandparents did these for all the great-grandkids. Reed's is the Night Before Christmas, so they sat down and listened to Jo Jo and PaPa Grubbs read to them. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment