On the way home from church tonight, the thought crossed my mind that we may not get Christmas lights up this year on the outside of the house. We didn't last year because Brian was recovering from back surgery and there was NO way I was letting him climb up on a ladder. He was going to put them up this last weekend, but it rained the whole time. Anyway, it's funny that Christmas lights happened to come to mind because when we pulled in the driveway, Brian had put lights up across the front of the house! He chose the big colored bulbs because that's what the boys always ask for. (I didn't get a picture because it's just too cold outside.) :) As we parked the car amidst Oooohs and Ahhhs from the back seat, I told them to make sure and tell their daddy how much they appreciated the lights.
We came in the house and both boys ran to Brian (Reed with a "Thanks for the lights, Dad!" and Hudson said "I love it, Dad!"). Brian told Reed that he needed to put his backpack in his room. I said he usually left it out and it wasn't that big of deal, but Brian said (with a smirk) "No, he needs to put it in his room." I knew what was coming at this point. Reed opened his door to...
(Please excuse the mess - I would make them clean their rooms before I took a picture, but who are we kidding.. this is real life.) Reed said "Whoa!" and had a huge smile on his face. It was so sweet. Hudson took one look and said "Oooooohhhhh - is that in my room too?" Brian told him he better go check and he opened the door to this...

I married the sweetest man. He has such a heart for his boys and I absolutely love that! I am so thankful that he enjoys them and does fun things for them. Brian - thank you for being who you are. You are teaching our boys values, manners, how to be a great husband and how to be a great father amongst so many other things. I love you so much and am thankful for you every day.
2 comments:
Yes. There are tears in my eyes. Such sweet memories...
What a sweet daddy! It made me tear up too! so fun that he takes part in helping make memories for the boys too! What a keeper!
Post a Comment