As you probably read, Brian and I ate at the Barking Crab last night. Well, we both got a little sick. No throwing up, but our stomachs felt pretty crummy. I felt okay in the morning and Brian still felt a little blah. He slept late and I got up, got ready and headed down to breakfast. I had fruit, coffee, and this yummy French toast. Oh my goodness- fantastic!

Well... as my French toast began to settle, it did not settle well. I felt pretty yucky headed to out next activity, but I hoped For the best. We drove a few minutes and got to the place where we would start our tour- on SEGWAYS!!

We got there a little early so we could learn how to ride them. It was precarious at first, but about 20 minutes in, I was fairly comfortable. Brian, on the other hand, was almost a pro in under 5 minutes. Seriously. To make it go forward, you lean on your toes. To make it go backwards, you lean on your heels. Then to turn, you gently move the handlebars with right or left. We signed up for an hour and 1/2 tour along Ocean Drive and in front of some of the mansions we saw yesterday. On the tour I could hear Brian behind me going faster, then slower, faster, slower... He was acting goofy and I wasn't about to turn around, lose concentration and fall off. he did lose his balance at one point while turning, but he didn't fall, he just stepped off with one foot and them right back on. Like I said, I was pretty comfortable with operating it, but I guess I was a little nervous, so I think I was locking my knees and clenching my leg muscles... So when we got off, my knees were killing me! I think all in all, we covered about 10-12 miles and we had an absolute blast! I would do it again in a heartbeat!
After the tour, we got in the car and drove through some neat little small towns- churches, old factory buildings, leaf lined streets- it was a beautiful drive. My best picture of the day...

We made it to the hotel in Greenfield, MA. We went and ate dinner and came back to the room to open our 'time capsule'. When we were engaged, I found this at the bookstore and knew I had to get it. It's called the Newlywed Predictionary (Sorry, can't get the picture to turn).

It had quizzes for your friends and family to fill out - information about where you would be in 10 years as a couple. There was also two longer ones for me and Brian to fill out. It was funny to read where people thought we would be in 10 years and what we would be doing. Most of them were right on. :) On the booklet that Brian filled out, on the last page at the bottom he wrote "Hi Brian. You are 35 now. :)"

It totally cracked us up. We finished reading through the questionnaires and were watching TV. We started to hear a constant ticking type noise. Brian investigated and found that we had water dripping from the ceiling. We called the front desk and she came to look at it. After discovering that the guy in the room above us had overflowed his tub, she apologized for the inconvenience and said she would comp our room for the night! We tried to talk her out of it, but she said it was already comped. Sweet.
We had a great day and I'm looking forward to another fun day with my hot hubby tomorrow!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:
Post a Comment