Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December!

My favorite month is here!  As I'm sure you all know by now, this girl loves her some Christmas.  We had such a fun time with our advent calendar last year, I knew we would keep it as a tradition.   On our way to get our very first advent tag this morning, we had a big surprise when we passed the table... 
 a North Pole Breakfast made by our new elf from Santa! 

Here is our elf, Joy!   The boys named her Joy because the cute bucket of peppermint marshmallows she brought us had "JOY" written on it.  And yes, it's a girl!  Turns out that Santa sent a girl elf so that mom wouldn't be so outnumbered at the house anymore.  At least that's what Joy's letters to the boys said.  It may or may not have been the last elf at the store and I may or may not saved it for the last thing on my list that day and didn't want to go to another store.  The moral of the story ~ I made it work. Check out her rockin' pink ear bling... the tiny white dot earrings that Joy came with just weren't doing it for me. :)  I also found a tutorial on how to hack your elf to make them have bendy arms and legs here.  It was easy but just took a little time.  

 Joy used my Cricut to make signs for the table!  Sneaky little elf!

She also wrote letters to the boys and even brought them some presents (glow sticks and markers).


She put out quite the spread... snowman donuts (powdered sugar, of course)...

hot chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow frosting (SO yummy)...


 Christmas Oreos with red filling...

and even some candy cane milk! She must have set this up early (I'd say around 5:30 or so, just a guess) since she had to put the milk bottles in ice. :)

Here my sweet boys are when they sat down to eat.  They were pretty excited about the whole thing.
 I could not be happier about their reaction. 

One cool side note, after the candy cane sat in the milk for a couple of hours, it did this!  

The North Pole breakfast idea came from here - she said that her milk also did that, but I had to see it for myself.  It was like magic!
By this time we had totally gotten sidetracked from our advent tree.  Hudson wanted to pull out the first tag, so we had to get him a chair.

Our activity for December 1st is to ~
Write our letters to Santa!  Yay!

I am looking forward to another fun month of sharing my love of this season with my boys.  Stay tuned!

No comments: