Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day Two


Today was church day, so I got the boys up to get ready and Hudson went into use the bathroom and said "Mom!  There's goldfish in the potty!"  I went in to find Joy doing a little fishing... candy cane pole and all!





 They wanted to pull out the tag for today's activity from the tree next... I just had to show this picture.  Reed had been up about 2 minutes at this point and that boy looks TIRED.  His half-hearted attempt at a smile made me laugh.





They got to open one of the activity gifts at the bottom of the tree.




It was a Shrinky Dinks Christmas tree and ornament kit?????  Woo-hoo!  Can I get a shout out from all my friends who did Shrinky Dinks as kids???  I mean, they were AWESOME!  I was probably more excited about this activity than the boys.



Before we left for church, I put the tree together.  Since I was working with pipe cleaners of different sizes and a stick, I would say this was pretty impressive. :)



Now here's where I get upset.  I had pictures of the boys coloring their Shrinky Dinks and then watching them with wide eyes and big smiles as they looked through the oven window and watched the Shrinky Dinks curl up in the oven.  BUT, I somehow changed my setting on my camera and they all came out BLACK.  Grrr.  Anyway, here is a picture of the finished product.



I would definitely recommend this as an activity if you have older kids (Reed really enjoyed coloring them all in, but Hudson kind of pooped out on us after about 5 of them. )  They both loved watching them in the oven and then decorating the tree.  I got the kit off of Amazon for like $13 and I would say it was well worth it - we had a really fun afternoon together!

On a side note, for those of you that have asked about my advent tree, this is our second year to do it.  I made it last year - here's the post if you're interested.

No comments: