We had another full day today. I'm tired, so there will be a lot of pictures and not many words. :) The boys and I ate breakfast at Running Bear Pancake House (yum), came back to the room to pick up Brian and the headed to the park. We all wore shorts today which was much more pleasant. :). Our first stop was Gibbon Falls. It was beautiful.
After this we attempted to go to the Artist Paintpots, but there was literally not one parking spot left, so we headed on to the next thing. We stopped at Sheepeater's cliff which was pretty cool.
Rustic Falls
The hoodoos (these formed when travertine deposits slid down the hillside and broke into pieces)
Beautiful view!
Beautiful boys in front of the Mammoth Hot Springs
Souvenir hats :)
The smoke from a fire burning on the opposite side of the park from yesterday
Undine Falls
Tower Falls (I really like waterfalls) :)
Reed was pretty tired
As it started to get later, the wildlife came out. We stopped because a bunch of people were stopped and out of their cars, so we knew it was an animal of some sort... it was a huge elk. (One thing I have noticed is that people do NOT have a healthy respect for these animals- they get way to close!)
A zoomed in picture of the elk :)
Then as we were driving along, there was another traffic jam. This time it was a bison by the road.
He walked up on the road and started down asphalt. This is when we jumped in our car.
He walked right by the window! :)
We moved on and came upon ANOTHER traffic jam.. It's time there were 11 elk out in the meadow grazing! I couldn't even get them all in one frame.
The sunset on our way out...
The sunset in West Yellowstone.
We had another great day- now it's off to bed!

























No comments:
Post a Comment