Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day Four

Whew!  Today was a full day- be ready for a photo heavy post (and these are pared down).  We left Jackson Hole this morning and headed towards Yellowstone.  Our first stop- Grand Teton National Park. (This is our thing we do at every national park- the boys beside the entrance sign.  I think it'll be a neat thing to do throughout the years).



Sweet picture, eh?

This is a little more like what our day has been like... :)

We saw some pretty spectacular sights in Grand Teton.  It is a beautiful place!



After driving through the Tetons, we headed to Yellowstone.  On a side note, let me tell you just how disappointed we are that they are having near record highs up here! We wear jackets in the morning, but it gets up to 85 mid day (I know that's no 100 Texas people, but when you're expecting low 70's, it's kinda a kick in the pants.  I only brought 1 pair of shorts for the whole trip- I was baking today!

The boys most frequently said sentence today was "I'll race you!"

Some of our pictures for the day:
Lewis Falls

West Thumb Geyser Basin



Yellowstone Lake

This is the Lake Hotel.  Notice the smoke in the sky?  We were looking around and wondering what the deal was...

The boys on the famous Fishing Bridge..

What the sky looked like leaving the Fishing Bridge...

Then this only a few seconds later...

We started driving towards our next destination and there were Rangers win a sign that said "Fire Information".  They said that we needed to go ahead and go through because they were shutting down the road soon because the fire was going to cross it in a little while.  So we headed on and I got this shot from behind us.

We headed on to Hayden Valley.  Absolutely gorgeous!


Leaving Hayden Valley... A bison just chillin' beside the road.

Then another walking down our lane of traffic about 4 cars up...

Then another just out beside the road.  It was crazy how many the boys got to see close up!

After Hayden Valley, we drove to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and saw the Lower Falls.


By this time it was about 4:30, so we decided to head to our hotel in West Yellowstone.  What this place lacks in view (another hotel) it redeems itself in amenities. It's just what we needed at this point in the trip.  It's like a condo, so the boys are excited to have their own room with their very own beds and my most favorite thing....
The best part is that it's in our room- literally could not be happier! Remember that 1 pair of shorts I brought?  I'm washing them and wearing them tomorrow.  Then I think I'll wash them again and wear them the next day... Just because I can. :). 

No comments: