We've never participated in the science fair before, but this year Reed was required to do a project. We started out with a cheese molding project and then Brian and I left on our trip to Costa Rica. The boys stayed with Gammy and DadDad and during the trip it was obvious that the cheese thing was not going to work. So (very thankfully) they came up with a couple of back up plans. After all was said and done, we went with the gravity project - dropping a few different items at the same time and seeing which will hit the ground first. Reed and I spend a few hours with my cricut and a glue stick and finished up his project board.
He was very pleased with his grade. :)
Reed and I went to his first middle school meeting at the end of January. I can't believe this kid is 2/3 of the way through 5th grade. UGH. Man, how it flies.
We also finally started our parent/kid date night in January. We've been talking about it for a while, so I was glad to finally put it into practice. To start out, I put "Mom" and "Dad" on two pieces of paper and let Hudson draw. He got me, so Reed went with Brian (next month we'll switch kids and so on). We each decided to go to a movie and then to eat. Brian and Reed saw Project Almanac and ate at Pastafina. Hudson and I went to see Paddington and I told him we could eat wherever he wanted to... and he chose Dairy Queen. We had a lot of fun and I think it's something that we will all look forward to each month.
There was the most beautiful sunset the other evening. I took about 30 pictures and they just don't do it justice. It was gorgeous!
On February 5th, Hudson turned 7. We got some donuts for breakfast and I put a candle in one to sing him Happy Birthday... he was still a little bit asleep and the light was a little too bright. :)
I went up to the school later that afternoon with cupcakes for his class. This kid was loving' his birthday.
And in his backpack, I found a note from his first secret admirer. No idea who it is from, but it was super cute! :)
On the 7th, we had Hudson's birthday party at the bowling alley. Our bowling alley here was old, run down and smelled terribly of smoke. When the owners retired at the end of the summer, someone else bought it, gutted it and completely remodeled it. We had the best time. The cousins playing air hockey while waiting for bowling to start.
We bowled for an hour...
After bowling, we went to the party room and had pizza and cake.
Hudson wanted a Pokemon named Mega Charzard on his cake. The cake actually ended up looking pretty close to the thing, so score.
Then we opened presents...
Lots has been happening with the house also, so hopefully we're only looking at a few more weeks until we get to move. I'll be VERY ready for things to settle down again. :)




























No comments:
Post a Comment