It was my turn to have Reed for kid/parent date night, so I took him to Simply Fondue in Fort Worth. We had the BEST time.
Right when I said I want to take a picture and he threw up the hashtag. I'm guessing it's for
#momisthebestdateever
Or so I choose to believe. :)

We started off with cheese fondue. They brought out bread cubes and veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) and even some baby pickles. Yum! Then we ordered our meal. They had a list of meats to choose from and we chose 3 each. With those, they brought some ravioli, some different veggies and ac couple of other things to try. She gave us instructions on how long to cook each meat, so I used the timer on my phone just to make sure everything was cooked correctly.
After the main course, we were excited for dessert. We chose what kind of chocolate we wanted and they brought us marshmallows, fruit, cheesecake balls, cookie dough balls... it was all very good. The whole meal took a couple of hours and I really enjoyed having that time with my oldest. He's a really fun kid.
I needed gas on the way home and my date pumped it for me. :)
We've had some sleet/snow/icy weather over the last couple of weeks and the boys have gotten 4 days off from school. They've loved it and it's been fun to see the snow, but we're all kind of over it at this point. We wouldn't last a week up north. :)
Anyway, the cold weather always brings out the wildlife. We had a lot of birds eating the fallen birdseed, even a few Cardinals.
One morning a little buck went walking across the back yard. Sorry- bad picture.
After the heavier snowfall, I got a few pretty pictures...
Should be ready to move into soon.
Anyday now.
From the upstairs balcony...
And yes, the boys have ziploc bags over their gloves and duct taped to their jacket sleeves. We didn't have any snow gloves, so we tried this to keep them from getting wet. Didn't everybody do that? :)
One more piece of news, Brandon and Becky are expecting!!! Take a peek at their sonogram...








No comments:
Post a Comment