Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's already Thursday?  Seriously, where did the week go? Or for that matter, where has the summer gone? I really can't remember much of what went on in June because we have had so much going on.  I was looking at my calendar yesterday and Reed starts school in 6 weeks people!!  Whoa.

Back to my post.... this week, I'm thankful for:
  • our men and women in the military.  They make so many sacrifices every day to allow us our freedom.   
  • air conditioning.  It's July in Texas.  'Nuff said.
  • many sweet people in our class who helped with a dinner that we put on Wednesday night for a kids camp.  I was a little overwhelmed with all that has been happening lately, and I had a lot of people step up to help and get things done.
  • a clean car.  Reed took spilled some chocolate milk under his seat, didn't tell me and it began to reek.  I finally took it to the car wash and had the carpets shampooed and it smells SOOO much better. :)
  • Reed is excited about starting school.  I know that the transition won't be hard for him and I'm very grateful for that!

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I had forgotten that Reed will be starting kindergarten soon along with Grant. Some days I wish school was already in session. Other days, like today, I feel sad that I will be "losing" him soon. He is ready to go to kindergarten, and he wants to (most of the time), but in my mind it is the beginning of the next phase of his life: The phase with due dates and rules (school rules) quizzes and tests and peer pressure and girlfriends and broken hearts and bullies - all of which I want to guard him from. He's got to do it though. I'm hoping I don't sound too cheesey here, but I do gain comfort in knowing that he has a purpose from God, and he needs to go on in the course of life in order to finish the race marked out for him. I HATED school, and I dreaded almost every moment of it. My prayer is that Grant will enjoy it much more than I did; that every day won't be a struggle in that sense. Of course school has changed a LOT since then - thank the Lord. I have said for three years now that school can't come soon enough for Grant - that on the day he goes to kindergarten is the day I'm throwing myself a big party (yes, I'm a horrible person), but this summer I find myself getting a bit teary as the upcoming school calendar becomes all too real. I think the first day of school may be a hard one for me. Thank goodness I don't teach on that day - I'd be a mess. Anywho - we'll have to keep in touch during this new phase of our boys' lives.

Kady said...

Heather! I remember you silly girl!! Meredith has told me about you and your two boys :). Thanks for your blog address!!! Hope you have a great summer.
Kady