Today we spent most of the day in Stowe and Waterbury. I got up earlier than Brian and headed to breakfast. I sat in a comfy chair inside the Black Cap Coffee Shop and people watched as I ate my blueberry muffin and sipped my coffee. After breakfast, I headed out to walk the town a little. Stowe is quite scenic this time of year.


I came upon this gorgeous view- there's just something's about a crisp white church steeple among fall foliage isn't there?

I went back to our room and picked up Brian and we headed out for the day. In Waterbury, we checked out the Cold Hollow Cider Mill.

It's a working mill and I thought Brian would enjoy seeing it. Looking back, we had three things working against us. (1) We're in a tourist heavy area, (2) it's during busy season and (3) it's a holiday weekend. Tons of people were there, but it was a neat place to see. We sampled some cider, bought some souvenirs and apple cider donuts- it was the whole experience. :) We headed back towards Stowe stopping at a covered bridge-

And then heading to Smugglers Notch State Park. This state park is BEAUTIFUL!!!! The pictures don't do it justice people- it was gorgeous!




Back in Stowe, we ate lunch at Pie-Casso, a pizza place.

I got a three cheese pizza- super yummy- best pizza I've had in a while! Traffic was pretty bad with it being a holiday weekend, the farmers market and a craft fair, but we finally made it back to the room for afternoon rest. We headed to dinner at Cactus Cafe- yep, Mexican food in Vermont. It's no Tex-Mex, but it'll do. :).
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments:
Post a Comment